“ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA AN E-GAMING JURISDICTION COMMITTED TO THE PROMOTION OF RESPONSIBLE GAMING AND ITS DELIVERY IN A SOCIALLY RESPONSIBLE GAMING ENVIRONMENT”
The following is a self-assessment test developed by the United Nations World Health Organization (WHO) to ascertain whether a player may be at risk of developing a gambling addiction. All responses are anonymous, and will not be stored and/or distributed.
1. Was there a time in the last 12 months when your betting or gambling often interfered with your work or responsibilities at school, on a job, or at home?
2. Was there a time in the last 12 months when your betting or gambling caused repeated arguments or other serious problems with your family, friends, neighbours, or co-workers?
3. Was there a time in the last 12 months when you often tried to keep your family or friends from knowing how much you gambled?
4. Did you sometimes claim to be winning when you were actually losing?
5. In the last 12 months did you ever have periods when you would spend lots of time thinking about your gambling when you should have been thinking about other things?
6. In the last 12 months did you ever have periods when you would spend lots of time planning your bets or studying the odds when you should have been doing other things?
7. Over time, did you have to increase the amount you bet or gambled in order to keep it exciting?
8. Did you ever have a time in the last 12 months when you would often use betting or gambling as a way to get out of a bad mood or to improve your mood?
9. In the last 12 months did you often gamble in order to escape or stop thinking from personal problems?
10. In the last 12 months after losing money gambling, did you often return another day soon after to win back your losses?
11. In the last 12 months when you had a big gambling debt, did you gamble more and more in the hope of winning back the losses?
12. In the last 12 months did you try to raise gambling money by writing a bad check, stealing, or doing something else that was illegal?
13. In the last 12 months did you repeatedly borrow money from your family or friends to support your gambling or to pay gambling debts?
14. Was there a time in the last 12 months when you often had such a strong desire to bet or gamble that you couldn't resist it or couldn't think or anything else?
15. In the last 12 months did you ever have times when you gambled even though you promised yourself you wouldn't, or when you bet a lot more or for a longer period of time than you intended?
16. How often in your life, not only over the last 12 months, have you made a serious attempt to cut down or stop gambling?
17. Did trying to quit or cut down on gambling make you feel restless irritable?
18. Since you first tried to cut down or stop, what is the longest period of time you have ever gone without gambling?
Answering "yes" to 4 or more questions indicates that gaming may be causing you some problems. You may wish to view our resource page for help.